Forum Discussion

anujsachdeva
New Contributor
7 years ago

With Standard licence, can I install Soap UI Pro on Virtual Machine ?

I have standard SoapUI Pro licence, but for few reasons I need to run SoapUI Pro on a Virtual Machine. If I install the licence on VM, will it hamper the working of SoapUI on my actual machine?

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    What type of license have you got? If it is floating license, you should be able to use one of the machines at time i.e., design tests day time in your machine and execute the tests on vm when you are not using it.
      anujsachdeva
      New Contributor

I have a Standard Licence, which means licence that can be used on single machine.

If I install the SoapUI Pro using VM, will there be any issue using the same licence key which has already been used while installation on SoapUI  on same machine?

To cut that short, I have a one windows Computer, and want to install SoapUI Pro, 1 in traditional OS, and other on Virtual Machine on same computer. Can I install both SoapUI Pro using one Standard Licence key?

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

anujsachdeva: I believe even in this instance you can only use that license once. Either on your machine OR on the vm on that machine. Technically, despite being housed on the same hardware, that is the same as trying to install it on two different computers which would not work.

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

As far as I am aware, you will need a license for every computer (physical or virtual) that you want to install the PRO version on to.