Forum Discussion

DSturm
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

WS-Security: Signature and Encryption parts are missing

Hello,
we use SOAPUI to test mechanisms of WS-Security.
The signature and encryption mechanism of Outgoing Configuration under WS-Security offer the capability to define Parts. This works fine. But when close und reopen the project than all the entries in the list of parts are missing.

Thanks for your help and kind regards.
Detlef

5 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Detlef,

this obviously sounds like a bug to me, are you getting any errors in any of the logs or console window when saving or opening the project?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    DSturm
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,
    there are not any errors in the log or console when saving or opening the project. Also there are not entries for the Parts in the XML file of the project. So I believe that Soapui doesn't save this configuration settings.

Regards
    Detlef
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

ok.. hmm.. could you please try this for me: after editing the parts-table, modify any of the other settings in the same panel. I suspect the parts are getting saved first when something else is modified as well..

let me know!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    DSturm
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,
    the tip with the change of a other setting was a direct hit. I had still unsuccessfully tested with the 'Password' setting of the keystore. But when you change the 'Key Identifier Type" setting then the Parts will be saved. So currently I have a work-around.

A little question in passing: Why are the XML elements for Parts encapsulated in a CDATA block?

Best regards,
    Detlef 
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

Great! This will be fixed in the next release..

the CDATA wrapping is a consequence of how they are handled internally, I know it looks bad.. sorry.. :-)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com