Forum Discussion

larkking
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Upgraded to ReadyAPI 2.2 Now my FileNameFinder call does not work in Groovy step script

For lines:

def pathToResults = context.('${#Project#jenkinsWorkspace}') + "\\" + jenkinsName + "\\" + "LarkStuff\\"

//find the file result*.xml
def xmlResultFiles = new FileNameFinder().getFileNames(pathToResults, 'result_*.xml')

I am getting the following error:

TestStep Result: Step [Calc Status and Time] ran with assertion status [FAILED] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/BuildLogger

I wrote this code when using ReadyAPI 1.8.5 and it worked then....

Do I need to add something?  Thanks In Advance.

larkking
    7 years ago

Did more research and found that FileNameFinder.class is in groovy.util package.  A pretty basic package - and it is present in 

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.2.0\lib\groovy-all-2.4.4.jar\groovy\util\ - and same in ReadyAPI 1.8.5. (using 7zip to view the jar file)

What i found out from some team members though - we have to install the ant jars into the ReadyAPI/lib directory:

ant.jar

ant-jsch.jar

ant-launcher.jar

jsch-0.1.50.jar

So you were right on....Thanks!

2 Replies

StevenColon
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for posting to our Community Forum.

I tried using FileNameFinder() in both ReadyAPI 1.8.5 and 2.2, getting the same

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/tools/ant/BuildLogger

This indicates that you added an external jar file to 1.8.5 to get that class. Please check <ReadyAPI-1.8.5 Installation>/bin/ext for any external jar files and move them to <ReadyAPI-2.2.0 Installation>/bin/ext.

Have a great day!

larkking
      New Contributor

Did more research and found that FileNameFinder.class is in groovy.util package.  A pretty basic package - and it is present in 

C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.2.0\lib\groovy-all-2.4.4.jar\groovy\util\ - and same in ReadyAPI 1.8.5. (using 7zip to view the jar file)

What i found out from some team members though - we have to install the ant jars into the ReadyAPI/lib directory:

ant.jar

ant-jsch.jar

ant-launcher.jar

jsch-0.1.50.jar

So you were right on....Thanks!