Forum Discussion

raygoel
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Unable to view request and response details in transaction log

Hi All,

I have build a few tests with Data Source and Data Source loop. When I run these tests and go to transaction log, I am unable to view the request and response for a particular Data row/iteration. All I see is <not xml content> and <not JSON content> in the request and response windows. 

Is there a setting I should enable to have access to this data? 

Attaching a screenshot of what is visible to me on the transaction log tab currently. My Test case has 4 steps and the Data loop has 5 rows that loops to one of the steps. I am also attaching the test step and data source for your reference. 

Test Case: 

Data Source:

Thanks,

Ray

6 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi raygoel 

it sounds like ReadyAPI isn't perceiving the content as json or XML at all.

Have a look at the Content-Type headers.  Could you screenshot your RAW request and RAW response content please?  that'll likely tell us what the problem is I'm guessing.

Cheers,

Rich

raygoel
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your response richie 

Here is the RAW request and response. 

The content-type header for response says it is application/json; charset=-utf. 

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Once you've worked out how to read the responses from the service call, you could use a datasink step inside your loop to write the request and/or response for a given iteration.

raygoel
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Can someone please help with this query? Does ReadyAPI not show the request and response content when using a data looper step? Most of the APIs I am testing do not have a payload but only query parameters/headers. Could that be the reason that there is no content in the transaction log tab? 

Thanks,

Ray

richie
      Community Hero

Hey raygoel 

I'm sorry - I got busy with a new job starting and I've kinda neglected the forum for a while.

Let me finish my work today and I'll have a look at this

BTW - what version of ReadyAPI are you currently using?

Apologies!

Cheers,

Rich

raygoel
    Occasional Contributor

Congratulations for the new job, Rich! 

I am using Ready API 3.40.