Forum Discussion

eliveoseph
Occasional Contributor
11 months ago

Trouble accessing data through the Edge Server in my API testing

Hey everyone!

I've been working on API testing recently and encountered an issue related to the "Edge Server." I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this problem.

Background: I'm testing an application that relies heavily on an Edge Server for data retrieval. The Edge Server acts as an intermediary between the client and the actual server, improving response times by caching frequently accessed data and reducing the load on the primary server.

The problem: While executing my API tests, I noticed that the data retrieved through the Edge Server is inconsistent. In some cases, the data matches the expected results, but in others, it seems outdated or even incorrect. This inconsistency is making it difficult for me to validate the API responses accurately.

Troubleshooting steps taken so far:

1. I have verified that my API requests are correct and include the necessary parameters.
    I have double-checked the test data on the actual server, and it is up-to-date.
    I have cleared my cache and restarted the application, but the problem persists.
    I have reached out to the development team responsible for maintaining the Edge Server, but I'm yet to receive a response.

My questions:

• Is anyone else experiencing similar issues with an Edge Server during API testing?
    Are there any best practices or additional troubleshooting steps I should consider to ensure consistent data retrieval through the Edge Server?
    Is there a way to bypass the Edge Server www.lenovo.com/de/de/c/servers-storage/servers/edge/ temporarily for testing purposes, so I can compare the results directly with the primary server?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to resolve this issue and ensure reliable API testing.

Thanks in advance!

No RepliesBe the first to reply