Forum Discussion

maarten
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Testsuite runs fine with ReadyAPI but fails with testrunner

I have a TestSuite in a ReadyAPI project that runs fine in ReadyAPI but keeps failing when running it with testrunner.

It does not fail immediately but only around 80% into the test suite and not always fails at the same test.

The error information, which you can see below, does not give any useful info.

I do not know how to run testrunner in debug mode so at to get any more information on what is failing.

This is the only error information shown:

at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.SoapUITestCaseRunner.throwFailureException(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:712)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.SoapUITestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUITestCaseRunner.java:562)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.runRunner(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:141)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.run(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:333)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.AbstractSoapUIRunner.runFromCommandLine(AbstractSoapUIRunner.java:198)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.init(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:101)
	at com.smartbear.ready.cmd.runner.pro.SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.main(SoapUIProTestCaseRunner.java:97)

3 Replies

jcabelloa
    Occasional Contributor

Did you get to fix this issue? I'm having exactly the same problem

maarten
      Occasional Contributor

I didn't and unfortunately SmartBear support is virtually inexistent

I am not expecting a solution for this any time soon. 

jcabelloa
        Occasional Contributor

It turned out to be a failing assertion. But for some reason, the report wasn't clear enough about it.

I had to check the logs very carefully to understand what was the source of the problem.