Forum Discussion

sijianand08
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Test Step Pass Individually but fails when run in Test Case

Hi,

I have JDBC Request/Data source Step followed by Rest Request step.When I run the test case its doesnt go to the step.But if I indivitually run its fetching data from DB.Because of this all my testcases are failing.I am using Readyapi 2.5

Thanks

Siji

5 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hi,

Can you confirm your test step hierarchy in your test step please? Im aa bit confused ny the description.....are you trying to use the query result as a parm for a subsequent REST step?
    Diagnosing this would be a lot easier if you can provide the config associated to each of your test steps.

Cheers,

Richie
      sijianand08
      Occasional Contributor

Hello,

In this  when I run my test suite , the JDBC request is initializes when I checked Raw it shows the query with the parameter(prev reesponse).But Result is not generated thats the reason next two steps failes.But If I go to that JDBC Request step and run that Indivitual Query returns data and passes all my testcases.Hope you understand

Thanks

Siji

richie
        Community Hero

Hi sijianand08

So you'll have to forgive me - can you confirm the following:

Are you saying that testcase passes if you execute each step individually (Step by Step) but if you run the testcase itself the REST requests following the JDBC step fail?  

Without knowing a bit more about the config on your steps - I'd suggest sticking a Delay step in there to slow things down a little

You have  Datasource object before the JDBC step - whats this actually doing?  Can you provide the SQL on the JDBC step? whats the JDBC step doing?

the subsequent REST requests - what are they doing?  are they picking up parm values/properties from the previous JDBC step?

Cheers,

richie