Forum Discussion

StephenOrion
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Test Case Loop status reporting

I am Running a loop and want to know if I can loop a test case with data so it shows up in a Junit report as sepearte instances for each loop. I also don't want the case to stop running if one loop fails.

• Hi,

I don't know about JUnit reporting with ReadyAPI, but your general requirements:-

- Report results for every loop in test

- Don't stop when a test fails.  Continue to the end and let me see what had failed.

Report results for every loop in test : In my data loops, I use a Datasink step to record the test and result as a single row in a text file.  After the test, I import this text file (it's a CSV) into Excel where I have my nicely formatted result sheets.

Don't stop when a test fails.  I'm assuming you're using assertions.  In my opinion these are great in tests, but less so in data-driven (data loop) tests.  Instead of assertions, I use a Groovy script which compares the actual result from the service with the expected in my datasource and write the result in the datasink step.

Have a look at this similar question:- https://community.smartbear.com/t5/ReadyAPI-Questions/How-to-get-pass-fail-status-of-groovy-scripting-in-excel-sheet/m-p/222998#M54602

1 Reply

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

I don't know about JUnit reporting with ReadyAPI, but your general requirements:-

- Report results for every loop in test

- Don't stop when a test fails.  Continue to the end and let me see what had failed.

Report results for every loop in test : In my data loops, I use a Datasink step to record the test and result as a single row in a text file.  After the test, I import this text file (it's a CSV) into Excel where I have my nicely formatted result sheets.

Don't stop when a test fails.  I'm assuming you're using assertions.  In my opinion these are great in tests, but less so in data-driven (data loop) tests.  Instead of assertions, I use a Groovy script which compares the actual result from the service with the expected in my datasource and write the result in the datasink step.

Have a look at this similar question:- https://community.smartbear.com/t5/ReadyAPI-Questions/How-to-get-pass-fail-status-of-groovy-scripting-in-excel-sheet/m-p/222998#M54602