Forum Discussion

Silvestr
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Tags - possible to assign tags to multiple tests/suites at once?

Hi

it seems it is only possible to assign tags to one testcase/testsuite at a time. That is very user-unfriendly, when you need to assign tags to e.g. all tests in a suite which has many test cases.

Is there a way to assign tags to many tests at once? If not, can it be added?

• Have an understanding about Tags, but haven't tried.

There is a method assignTag(String) available in WsdlTestCasePro class. This can be used to achieve what you are looking for.

Here is sample way of adding a tag using API

context.testCase.assignTag('myTag')

Similarly, traverse thru test suite or project to add the tag.

Here is what my understanding about tagging the test cases.

Categorize the tests as Smoke, Regression, <Retailer/Customer>Specific and use the same as tags

Based on the features that particular test targets, one can have one or more tags per test. Then it helps to filter tests to execute.

By the way, I wonder how would it help to have the same tag for all the test case? What is your use case?

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Have an understanding about Tags, but haven't tried.

There is a method assignTag(String) available in WsdlTestCasePro class. This can be used to achieve what you are looking for.

Here is sample way of adding a tag using API

context.testCase.assignTag('myTag')

Similarly, traverse thru test suite or project to add the tag.

Here is what my understanding about tagging the test cases.

Categorize the tests as Smoke, Regression, <Retailer/Customer>Specific and use the same as tags

Based on the features that particular test targets, one can have one or more tags per test. Then it helps to filter tests to execute.

By the way, I wonder how would it help to have the same tag for all the test case? What is your use case?