Forum Discussion

loadtester
New Contributor
14 years ago

Statistics for SoapUI Tests with Loop only for one request?

Dear fellow Testers,

I am using a SoapUI test with loop like:

getData
request
loop (10 times)

In the LoadUI stats I get a value 10 times as high as a usual request would take. How can I get only the "request" time in the stats?

I figured I could change it:

getData
groovy magic
request

so every time the groovy magic selects one of the ten values in data. But does the groovy magic time count in also now? How much time does the groovy magic or getData from file take usually? Is there a way to initialize my data and pick a random value without harming performance?

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

The time reported is the total time for the entire TestCase, so with a loop this is for all 10 iterations. You can configure the soapUI Runner to output messages for individual TestSteps as well (click on the wrench icon and change the Output Level). This will make the runner output multiple messages for each run of the TestCase, one for each TestStep (either for all or just requests) and one for the TestCase.

If you do not want the entire loop to run each time, but just use a single value, this can also be done. To do this, disable the DataSourceLoop TestStep in soapUI, and make sure the "Shared" checkbox in the DataSource settings is checked (otherwise you'll get the first value over and over each time).

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware.com