Forum Discussion

ihorstep
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Smart Assertions - Metadata and case sensitive header names

Smart Assertions - Metadata and case sensitive header names

I've recently have found out that smart assertions seems to be case sensitive to header name. For example there are two web-servers. Both of them sends the same response header but one sends it like 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' and another like 'access-control-allow-origin'. Such difference brings different results: for one web-server it passes successfully, and for the other it fails. 

Is there any thoughts or existing request about adding an option for header name case sensitivity (like for values) in "Smart Assertion"?

7 Replies

ihorstep
      Occasional Contributor

mattb I am afraid it is not what I am looking for.

I am talking about access to header via it "name" and not about header "value" comparison (where case-sensitive checkbox is present and works as expected)

If two requests return response headers with different case registry - smart assertion does not work correctly.

Web server 1 returns:  Access-Control-Allow-Origin

Web server 2 returns:  access-control-allow-origin

In this case, smart assertion that was set to get "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" will fail to do so for "access-control-allow-origin"

Here the screenshot of the real example:

mattb
        Staff

Ok, so the header name is what has the case-sensitivity, not the header value, correct?