Forum Discussion

PhillipB
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Setup Script updates teststep property?

Hi,

Is it possible to update the test step property from Setup Script?  I'm able to update property at test suite level, but not test case , or test step level.  Please help.  thanks.

Below is the code that i use to update property in test suite.

testSuite.setPropertyValue('myFirstTestSuiteProperty', 'testingProperty')

• Hi PillipB:

Please past following code to you any test case then run it, you should be able to see three custom properties will be generated at three levels which are TestCase, TestSuite and Project :

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue( "YourTestCasePropertyName", "ValueForTestCase" )
    testRunner.testCase.testSuite.setPropertyValue( "YourTestSuitePropertyName", "ValueForTestSuite" )
    testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.setPropertyValue( "YourProjectPropertyName", "ValueForProject" )

Good luck,

5 Replies

PhillipB
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Kingsmartbear,

the link does not say where the script is used because my script is at "Setup Script" so this "testRunner" is not available at "Setup Script" so is always exception thrown when using it.  Thanks.

kingsmartbear
        Contributor

Hi PillipB:

Please past following code to you any test case then run it, you should be able to see three custom properties will be generated at three levels which are TestCase, TestSuite and Project :

testRunner.testCase.setPropertyValue( "YourTestCasePropertyName", "ValueForTestCase" )
        testRunner.testCase.testSuite.setPropertyValue( "YourTestSuitePropertyName", "ValueForTestSuite" )
        testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.setPropertyValue( "YourProjectPropertyName", "ValueForProject" )

Good luck,