Forum Discussion

FLB
2 years ago

Service works in SOAPUI but not in ReadyAPI - HTTP Status 401 - Unathorised

Hi,

First of all, please be gentle. I am a newbie and don't really know what I am doing.

Firstly a quick explanation fo what I am trying to do:

I have several WSDL webservices I need to access and get data from. I have been using the web services task in SSIS but it has been very inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I was recommended to use the scripting task but I am not a C# developer so cannot do that.

The provider of these WSDLs has only used SOAPUI to test that they work and has never even tried to actually test if they can download the data themselves and are absolutely no help!

The data I am trying to access is our company HR and clocking data so I cannot provide details of the WSDLs.

If I plug one of these WSDLs i into SOAPUI using our login details I can see the data is there.

If I plug the same WSDL into ReadAPI and use the same login details, I get HTTP Status 401 - Unathorised.

Any ideas why? I figured these 2 packages would work the same way as they are from the same company.

All I want to do is access these webservices and download the data into SQL Server. Surely it cannot be that hard?

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thank You

No RepliesBe the first to reply