sanj
Super Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Service Virtualization

Is there any way to create a mock service that would just replay data

and then use that for the end to end test

I am more curious about how to run an end to end test in a virtual environment

• Question 1 - is there any way to create a mock service? - Yes, it can be created in ServiceV of ReadyAPI if that's the tool you are using? The link on how to do that was shared earlier on above.

Question 2 - that would just replay data - Yes, that's the purpose of it

Question 3 - and then use that for the end to end test - You will need to create a virtual service first. Once it's created, you will have to use something called virtserver (https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/virtserver/index.html) to be able to run the service so you can send requests to it (test it).

Question 4 - I am more curious about how to run an end to end test in a virtual environment - As explained above, you need to be specific in regards to what you are stuck on. This forum may not spoon feed until users actually try and attempt to do something. 

Also, please try to provide as much information on forums as possible, we do not know your context, it would be nice to know what product/tool you are using, version, Soap/REST/JMS API etc..

7 Replies

jhanzeb1
    Frequent Contributor

You can use ServiceV to virtualize/data-drive your mock service to make it static or dynamic and then deploy it into the virtserver so you can run it against your tests :)

If you have any specific questions on how to, let us know and we can help :)

Olga_T Please move this to correct location

Olga_T
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

jhanzeb1, done! Thanks for drawing my attention to this :smileyhappy:

sanj
      Super Contributor

I need more specefic instructions

jhanzeb1
        Frequent Contributor

Question 1 - is there any way to create a mock service? - Yes, it can be created in ServiceV of ReadyAPI if that's the tool you are using? The link on how to do that was shared earlier on above.

Question 2 - that would just replay data - Yes, that's the purpose of it

Question 3 - and then use that for the end to end test - You will need to create a virtual service first. Once it's created, you will have to use something called virtserver (https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/virtserver/index.html) to be able to run the service so you can send requests to it (test it).

Question 4 - I am more curious about how to run an end to end test in a virtual environment - As explained above, you need to be specific in regards to what you are stuck on. This forum may not spoon feed until users actually try and attempt to do something. 

Also, please try to provide as much information on forums as possible, we do not know your context, it would be nice to know what product/tool you are using, version, Soap/REST/JMS API etc..