Forum Discussion

M_McDonald
Super Contributor
15 years ago

[SOLVED]ThreadIndex in DataSink file name

I am running a load test with a test case that has a DataSink that writes to an Excel file. I want to use the ThreadIndex to create unique filenames, but I keep getting 0 for all threads.

Here is the Out File value:

${projectDir}/results/${#TestCase#datasinkFile} - ${=String.format('%tY%<tm%<td-%<tH%<tM%<tS', new GregorianCalendar())} - ${ThreadIndex}.xls

and a resulting filename:

Test Results - 20091014-144643 - 0.xls

What am I doing wrong?

I am using build 3.0-pro-daily-build-2009-09-28-[1]

Thanks.

9 Replies

M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    I have isolated the problem. The test case I am running uses the Run TestCase step to run another test case which contains the DataSink step.

I have created and attached a simple project to demonstrate this. Running the load test in TestCase 2 will create files in the project directory with a ThreadIndex of 0 in all filenames.
    M_McDonald
    Super Contributor
    It would be nice if this worked as-is, but I have a workaround now. I created a parameter "threadIndex" in the called test case and I pass in ${ThreadIndex} in the Run TestCase step; then I use ${#TestCase#threadIndex} in the Out File field.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Thanks for your detective work! The upcoming nightly build propagates the ThreadIndex and any other context variables to the called TestCase, hopefully that fixes this issue.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Actually, there is now a new option in the RunTestCase options dialog that allows you to promote LoadTest related properties to the target testcase, try selecting that when running your loadtest.

let us know!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com