Forum Discussion

vpachpute1
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago

SOAP Maven free plugin to generate graphical reports

Hi

I have some questions related to the SOAPUI maven plug-ins.

1. Currently I am using JUnit 3.8.1 for execution and reporting. Can you please suggest any new version of JUnit compatible with SOAP UI 5.1.2 Maven plug-in.

2. Is there any plug-in that can show me graphical reports e.g. Number of TC passed/failed in specific suited, bar charts etc.

If yes, it will be helpful if you give me that dependency.

Actually I am very new in Maven related knowledge.

I have attached my pom.xml. Please suggest if any new corrections needed.

Note: Actually on my local I am using ready API 1.9 version. But on Jenkins machine, I am using maven free plug-ins using maven to run the project.

Regards

Vishal

2 Replies

Debz
    Contributor

Hi, I don't think I can give an answer for #1 because we are using older versions for our client. For #2, I agree, it would be nice to find one that runs something like Cucumber's. Maybe we ought to request that as a Feature Request later. As of the moment, we can't generate one yet on our end. Just HTML reports. A senior told me that in order to make one, I might have to learn or find someone who is familiar with Crystal Reports but I don't have that much time for our project. I guess I'll be checking this post as well if others might be able to share some better alternatives :smileyhappy:

This is the closest threads I found during my searches a few months ago:

1. https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/Is-there-a-Jenkins-plugin-that-visualises-SoapUI-test-result/td-p/42041
    2. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26798171/soapui-reporting-plugin

We're also using surefire plugin on our end. I checked the POM file you have, and compared it with ours, these are what I find different but I'm not sure if it will make a lot of difference since I'm not that familiar with Java and also new with Maven or CIs:

-<dependency>
    <groupId>org.reflections</groupId>
    <artifactId>reflections-maven</artifactId>
    <version>0.9.9-RC2</version>
    </dependency>

-<reporting>
    -<plugins>
    -<plugin>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
    <version>2.19.1</version>
    -<configuration>
    <outputDirectory>${project.basedir}/reports</outputDirectory>
    -<reportsDirectories>
    <reportsDirectories>${project.basedir}/reports</reportsDirectories>
    </reportsDirectories>
    </configuration>
    </plugin>
    </plugins>
    </reporting>

Debz
      Contributor

Hi, just an update. It seems that the SmartBear team did a great job of making reports visual with Ready!API 2.0. Maybe someone will be able to do a better plugin soon enough ;-)