Forum Discussion

Shashavali
Contributor
7 years ago

Running the TestCases parallely through command promt

Hi,

I am looking for an option to execute the test cases in parallel through command prompt. I can see there is an option GUI where we can set the execution as parallel. is there any way to execute in parallel from command prompt ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Shashavali

4 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

I believe you would have to toggle that setting in the project via the GUI. It's a setting in the project and how it runs and would have to be set for both the GUI and the cmdline to run it that way.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Shashavali, as groovyguy pointed you can save the project required run type / mode.

Of course, you can quickly change that from project xml file as well( in case, modifying thru file, have backup of it), look for value of "runType".

Note the below:

1. The setting is available at project level and test suite level. i.e., the suites, test cases can be run in parallell mode respectively.

2. You should be careful if you are setting test suite level and you have hundreds of test cases ( meaning more number of cases). Because, it creates as many threads as the number of test cases and your local machine where tests are executed and the application should be capable of handling those many threads.
      Shashavali
      Contributor

Thanks nmrao and groovyguy

by any chance is any there any option to set the parallel execution (runType=PARALLEL) from command line.

Regards,

Shashavali

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

There are no such command line switches according to the documentation. This is a setting that you'll have to toggle via the GUI, or via editing the project XML file directly as nmrao stated. You'll also have to adjust this for every test suite in the project, I believe.