Forum Discussion

dratliff
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Retrieving the OpenAPI document from an endpoint

Hello Everyone,

I am working with ReadyAPI and have created a test for an endpoint from a vendor.  They do not provide a swagger page or openapi document but someone in our group requires that to develop against it with their tools.  How can I go about getting that specific information from the rest endpoint?

I know this is a vague and generic question but any pointers or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave

4 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

May be you should request them to provide one. After all the service should be usable.

By the way, it would be easy for them to expose the same.

dratliff
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Rao,

Yes, I wish they had something.  They are using a tool to create the endpoint and another department here is using a tool to consume the endpoint.   It seems so much easier when you just use code but that is the way our team has to go about it.  I hope there is an easy way to generate it from ReadyAPI.

Dave

• Hey dratliff ; if I'm understanding the question correctly, I think you could use Swagger Inspector for this. It's a separate application to ReadyAPI, but it can generate an OpenAPI file from requests sent to an endpoint. Let me know if this helps! 

dratliff
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Joe,

Yes, that sounds like what I need.  It is a separate tool?  I will contact the SmartBear rep and see about getting it.  I had hoped that ReadyAPI would have that built in.  Oh well.

Thank you,

Dave.