Forum Discussion

Vasireddybharat
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI test cases for all projects at one place.

Question: Can we store test cases for all services in one git repository and execute them only one test suite at a time depending on the service we are testing against. This will help us create a git repo specific for test engineers and they own the repo for all the services/projects. Then we will have jenkins pipeline which will run these test cases per service/project basis.

Example: Lets assume we have two projects/services

First git repository name service1

Second git repository name service2

ReadyAPI repository name apiTesting

So this apiTesting will have test suite/test cases for both service1 and service2. Let's name them as service1_test_suite1 and service2_test_suite2.

Now let's assume we are running service1 jenkins pipeline, we would like to execute only service1_test_suite1 from this composite repo apiTesting.

Is this possible?

This way we will keep all test cases in git Org into one repo. That way it will be easy for test team to maintain and take the ownership.

Really appreciate your help and thanks in advance!!!

• I think the best option I see would be to use -s argument to select which test suite name we want to run. 

If we skip this argument, the runner will execute all test suites in the project. 

Keep everything in one project, create suites for each service/project with distinguished suite names and then call only that suite which is specific to the service/project.

Reference below document, section -s<test suite>.

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/functional/running/automating/cli.html#ss

1 Reply

• I think the best option I see would be to use -s argument to select which test suite name we want to run. 

If we skip this argument, the runner will execute all test suites in the project. 

Keep everything in one project, create suites for each service/project with distinguished suite names and then call only that suite which is specific to the service/project.

Reference below document, section -s<test suite>.

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/functional/running/automating/cli.html#ss