Forum Discussion

TLerche
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI doesn't delete tmp dependency files when running over commandline

Hello,

i have the following issue to tell. We (team of 5+ people) often use the Ready API Commandline feature on a central machine.

We discovered the following behaviour:

When running the commandline ReadyAPI downloads some required files (i think dependencies for plugins or something else) to temp directory C:\...\AppData\Local\Temp on file system. After the run was executed the files won't be deleted from the filesystem. When running the cmd again a fresh download of all files will be done (see attachments filesystem_first_run.PNG and filesystem_second_run.PNG). From time to time this leads to a big storage bottleneck on filesystem.  Deleting the temp directory manually is no solution.

In the logs i see some warn messages that file can't be deleted, see attachment log_temp_files_can_not_delete.PNG.

Same behaviour when running the cmd as admin. Running the ReadyAPI.exe i can observe the same download procedure but after closing ReadyAPI the file were deleted successfully.

Is there a way to disable downloading the files each time? It would be sufficient to download the files only one time.

Any idea or tip?

PLandhage
    9 years ago

Found a workaround for this for Windows users:

del /f /s /q C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\* > nul 2>&1

6 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi TLerche,

Can you reproduce this issue in Ready! API 1.4.1 (our latest product version)?

TLerche
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

yes we are running the last version of ReadyAPI (1.4.1).

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tlerche,

Thanks for checking. I’ve reported this issue to our Developers. Once they investigate this, I’ll let you know their results.