Forum Discussion

rajs2020
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI Groovy script editor - Any plans to introduce refactoring feature?

Any good IDE like Intellij IDEA has a feature to automate standard code refactoring actions such as renaming all instances of a variable (in code & comments), extract into method, etc. These are essential to improve programmer productivity regardless of job role or programming language.

I have a lot of groovy scripts which would be better if refactored. Unfortunately, I cannot do them inside ReadyAPI's groovy editor. I could work on a few scripts in Intellij IDEA only if they are standalone. But, this won't work for all scripts, especially the ones which use ReadyAPI specific code i.e. need to be inside ReadyAPIs editor.

Are there any plans to introduce features like code refactoring in ReadyAPIs Groovy code editor?

rajs2020
    4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder how helpful it is to put such IDE features as ideas in SmartBear forum. I guess the kind of customers who look for tools like ReadyAPI might prefer to have low or no code if possible. I wonder how much they care about customizability/freedom. I guess they prefer to avoid developing frameworks/programming and the challenges that come with it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

2 Replies

rajs2020
      Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder how helpful it is to put such IDE features as ideas in SmartBear forum. I guess the kind of customers who look for tools like ReadyAPI might prefer to have low or no code if possible. I wonder how much they care about customizability/freedom. I guess they prefer to avoid developing frameworks/programming and the challenges that come with it. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.