Forum Discussion

psmithrbf
Visitor
3 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI 3.9.1, memory usage exceeds 9GB, how can I determine if my groovy scripts are the cause?

Before upgrading the 3.9.x memory usage rarely exceeded 4 GB.  Now it regularly get to 8 - 9 GB and caused slowness on the entire machine.  Does anyone have suggestions to isolate the cause?

• Hi psmithrbf ! I spoke with support and they are asking you to submit a case and attach your project to it - they will need this to investigate what's happening.

Hi aaronpliu, I'd like to mention that the ideation forum is mainly for discussing/proposing new features - product management is regularly reviewing top-rated posts there. The performance issues need an individual approach since they are oftentimes connected with projects and environments. We are sad to hear that you had to switch to another product because of the performance issue, however,  if you are willing to work with the support team we'll be happy to investigate this in a support case.

3 Replies

aaronpliu
    Frequent Contributor

psmithrbf 

I believe this is a performance issue. you may need to raise a request in feature group. However, seems no one to support from ReadyAPI development team. The ReadyAPI version release is faster and faster, but performance is a big problem all the time.

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/ReadyAPI-Feature-Requests/ReadyAPI-consumes-too-much-memory/idi-p/186233

I raised a similar issue 2 years ago, no one to address it. I am a paying user and cannot get any support from them. Currently we had switched to open source test framework and just maintained "old" test suites in ReadyAPI and running on a machine with 32G memory.

Wish you are luck to use ReadyAPI, compared to other tool, it is indeed easy to create API test case and reduce your coding.

Thanks,

/Aaron

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      If you think it is product issue, then it is appropriate to contact Smartbear customer support rather than posting in feature request.
        sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi psmithrbf ! I spoke with support and they are asking you to submit a case and attach your project to it - they will need this to investigate what's happening.

Hi aaronpliu, I'd like to mention that the ideation forum is mainly for discussing/proposing new features - product management is regularly reviewing top-rated posts there. The performance issues need an individual approach since they are oftentimes connected with projects and environments. We are sad to hear that you had to switch to another product because of the performance issue, however,  if you are willing to work with the support team we'll be happy to investigate this in a support case.