Forum Discussion

groovyguy
Champion Level 1
2 years ago

ReadyAPI 3.30 - How to use WSS CONFIG???

In the previous version(s) of ReadyAPI that my team used (2.3.0 is the latest before we moved to 3.30.0), my team used to go through the following steps:

Start a blank project, add a WSDL to it.
Set up WSS config with our internal certificate.

Set up an Endpoint on the binding for the WSDL. Set it's outgoing WSS to the wss config/cert.

I eventually developed a script to automate this for us, and the script still works. BUT, it looks like the capability to manually perform this action is no longer present unless we use environments. Is that the case? Or am I missing where the menu to set an endpoints WSS Config is at??? Any/all help is MUCH appreciated

4 Replies

groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

MConneely: Sorry, I might not have been clear in my original post. I understand where to set the WSS Config options at. But in previous versions of ReadyAPI (I am coming from 2.3.0), I could go into the bindings of my APIs and set an endpoints outgoing WSS. That is what I am unable to do unless I use Environments on ReadyAPI 3.30.

I was hoping that I didn't have to revamp our project making process, as we have some tests that must verify replication between two environments, and using Environments inside of ReadyAPI for this can be problematic.

I can still access this with a script, but not being able to manually set/edit this seems odd to enforce the use of environments for.

• groovyguy 

2.3.0 is a little before my time but looks like (if I understand it to be the same feature) it has been removed as you mentioned. From the doc I linked previously

In ReadyAPI 3.5.2 and earlier, you could set up WS-Security on the Endpoints page in the service editor. The page was reworked in 3.6.0 and no longer has this feature. If you update from 3.5.2 to a newer version, your WS-Security settings from the Endpoints page will be lost, and you will have to recreate them using the WS-Security Configuration dialog, as described below.

groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

MConneely I overlooked that note, so thank you for pointing that out. Which is weird, because my team currently has no problem picking up our ReadyAPI 2.3.0 projects and importing them into 3.30 and all of our WSS configs work, and are set to the endpoints on the binding/API definition (even if we cannot see them.)

The script I wrote to set this still works, but there's no graphical way to interact with this. We can continue using the script going forward, as that's much easier than manually setting everything up anyway. My fear is that even that, too, might stop working.

We tried using Environments in ReadyAPI previously, and those made our testing strategy much more difficult at times. We'll adapt and overcome, I just wanted to ensure that what I expected was the case. The screen I am lamenting about losing is the one in the screenshot. Accessible through the Projects tab, double click a binding, click on Endpoints, and you can set WSS config. This is handy for us, as we sometimes have to have multiple endpoints for a test depending on different security methods.