Ask a Question

Process stuck on Contains/Not Contains assertion

AngieD18
Occasional Contributor

Process stuck on Contains/Not Contains assertion

Hi.  I am having a problem.  I have a TestSuite that I have been using for a while now without any problems  For some reason I have several tests that are getting stuck on either a Contains or Not Contains assertion.  In debug mode I can see the process stuck on the assertion step.  It will sit on this step until I stop the process.  I have let it run as long as 60 minutes.

 

Contains Assertion (See attached screen shot)--> (?s).*${#TestCase#errorDesc}.*

 

Not Contains Assertion (See attached screen shot) --> (?s).*${#TestCase#errorDesc}.*

 

#TestCase#errorDesc  contains the word ‘Unmarshalling’. (See attached screen shot)

 

No errors in the Ready! API log.

I don’t have any errors in any of the ...readyapi/logs.

I’ve checked the response for XML reserved characters.  Everything has been escaped.

I am using Ready! API 1.8.0.

Are there any additional places I can check for error or processing information?

The response is lengthy – 23302 lines/1.04MB.  Could that be the issue?  That seems crazy that it would take more than an hour for a simple Contains/Not Contains.  Actually more than that - I stop it after an hour.  Something else is going on.  Any ideas?

 

Thank you,

Angie

5 REPLIES 5
TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Re: Process stuck on Contains/Not Contains assertion

Hi Angie,

 

Did you notice what have been changed in your environment after you starting seeing the issue?

I suggest that you check if you see it in the latest maintenance Ready! API build. You can download the installation file here:

https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/readyapi/nightly-builds/

 

Does it change the behavior?

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Join Wintertainment 2021 to share your stories, have fun, earn community badges, and more!
AngieD18
Occasional Contributor

Re: Process stuck on Contains/Not Contains assertion

Hi Tanya,

 

I just installed Ready! API 1.8.0-m-SNAPSHOT - SoapUI NG.  Using the updated SoapUI I reran the test.  Sadly it is still stuck on the Not Contains assertion.  Right now it has been running for about 35 minutes.

 

Anything else I can try?

 

Angie

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Re: Process stuck on Contains/Not Contains assertion

Thanks for checking this. As far as I understand the performance got better. 

The future improvements require a deeper investigation. Could you please contact our Ready! API Support Team for this?

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Join Wintertainment 2021 to share your stories, have fun, earn community badges, and more!
AngieD18
Occasional Contributor

Re: Process stuck on Contains/Not Contains assertion

Hi.  No, no performance improvement.  After 35 minutes it was still running.

 

I will contact the support team.

 

Angie

TanyaYatskovska
Community Manager

Re: Process stuck on Contains/Not Contains assertion

Thanks. Please let us know the cause of the issue when you figure it out.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

Join Wintertainment 2021 to share your stories, have fun, earn community badges, and more!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: