Forum Discussion

frecro
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Problemloading a openAPIspecification

Hi!

Trying to load a openAPI specification from https://developers.topdesk.com/swagger/assets_specification_1.31.0.json.

The problem is that (using readyAPI 3.9.1), I get an error (not too technical).

Who should I complain with the topdesk or smartbear people?

response when trying to add the API from above:

attribute components.schemas.Schema name Asset data doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Asset status doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Asset template doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Describes a list of assets by their identifiers. doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Directional link to be added between two assets doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Dropdown option doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Example Create model doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Example Save model doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Link to be added doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Linked Asset doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Location link doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name One item in a generic data set doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Operator of a file doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Person group doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Person-type link doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Unlink parameters doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$ attribute components.schemas.Schema name Upload Response doesn't adhere to regular expression ^[a-zA-Z0-9\.\-_]+$

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi frecro,

This API definition has spaces in schema names, for example:

"components" : {
        "schemas" : {
          "Asset data" : {    <----------

which is not allowed by the OpenAPI 3.0 Specification. You need to fix the schema names and the corresponding $ref paths ("$ref": "#/components/schemas/...") to make the definition valid before you can import it into ReadyAPI. I suggest using https://editor.swagger.io to edit OpenAPI definitions and check their validity.

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey frecro

Ive always found the OAS importer a little flakey in ReadyAPI!. Other tools appear to handle the sorts or issue you hve but ReadyAPI, not so much.

Those errors reported when tryijt to load the OAS need to be fixed before you'll be able to load in your OAS successfully. I tend to use swagger editor io to sort my swagger/OAS when i have the same sorts of problems youve reported.

Ta

Rich