Forum Discussion

furmaniukm
New Contributor
4 years ago

OAuth 2.0 Ready API Security Tests unable to get Token

When using the Ready API Security Tests Auth Manager I can't get past the initial Login/Token page in the browser, which at the end simply shows me "Unfortunately, we can't open this page!"

I am using the OAuth Example to grab the token and the Login portion is automated properly and does the login with Username/Password and clicks Login.  Then it shows me the white page which simply notes it can't open the page.  There is no token at the end (manually doing this I have seen the token accepted but with the browser window still in place and blank, closing it the token is unaccepted.  I've seen this reported in many areas but no solution that has worked for me.

I have adjusted everything available in the Auth Manager but can't get past this issue when running the tests manually, which makes me doubt these tests will pass if I want to automated them from the command line.

I have adjusted the browser settings, in preferences using Hostname Verification, we do not have a cert and using that causes hostname errors.

Since we have automated the OAuth process in a different framework I have that as a Jar I could add, but there doesn't seem to be a place to call it in the Security Tests, unless I am missing that.

Is there something else to check and get more logging on the browser issue, to diagnose more, or is this a problem with OAuth 2 in the Security Tests?

6 Replies

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi furmaniukm ! Are you still facing this?

The best way to proceed is to open a support ticket. They will analyze your code and see what can be done. 

When you have a solution, please share it with us!

furmaniukm
      New Contributor

Hi Sonya, yes it is still an issue but we've moved to using a different tool so it's become a moot issue for now.

Jagruuti
        Contributor

Hi sonya_m ,

I'm completely stuck due to this issue. I cannot run my automation scripts.  For temporary, I have to create my scripts in some other tool now.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagruuti

Jagruuti
      Contributor

Hi sonya_m,

I'm facing the same issue. It's been a week that I have raised a support ticket yet no response has been received.

Thanks and Regards,

Jagruuti

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for updating this thread Jagruuti . Case 00449338, right?

I see that the support engineer replied to you last week that they started the investigation. I made them aware of this thread, that you are not the only one facing this, let's now wait for their reply!