Forum Discussion

esteban
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

My REST request gets changed by SOAPUI when I transfer a value from a datasource step

Hi Guys

I have a strange issue with a test case in my suite in SOAPUI PRo 2.02. If i run a rest request individually it responses OK with not errors from Postman or ReadyAPI. When I run the whole test case which triggers that request , the request in the step gets disordered and messed up so I get 400 error  in the response.

Response of the RESt request when I run it separately

I have a test case that reads a string value from a datasource in Spreedsheet, then I pass that string into my RESt quest via property transfe using JsonPath target editor..When I run the property transfer step the value looks transfered normally.

PropertyTransfer and test to see values are read and transferred

The issue happens when I run the whole test case, I expect REadyAPI t to use the same request but only changing the value Im transferring from my datasource. I see that the request sets my value OK, but other values  are   disordered , duplicated abnormally.

Example:

"party_type": [
"Person",
"Person"
], Therefore that  causes my request to be like corrupted and returning parsing errors from the API I'm testing. :(

Section pARTY_DETAILS in the request gets messed up

Why is this happening? I have been working this our for 2 days with not luck.

• I found out the solution, I just manually removed that property from my JSON request and READY is not adding no passed values into it anymore. :) Thanks anyways

6 Replies

Lucian
    Community Hero

Hi,

I am not sure what happens but it looks like you are using the datasource in a wrong way. Why do you need a Property Transfer step? Normally you would double click on the Datasource Loop step and select Lodge Claim as target and then just reference that property there.

esteban
      New Contributor

Hi There

I use the data transfer to pass the values from the datasource into my request, the loop is pointing to the data request to repeat as many times I have values in the datasource. (that works perfectly fine).

The issue is the strange data added into the request and no being passed.

esteban
      New Contributor

Hi There

I use the data transfer to pass the values from the datasource into my request, the loop is pointing to the data request to repeat as many times I have values in the datasource. (that works perfectly fine).

The issue is the strange data added into the request and no being passed.

Lucian
        Community Hero

I am sorry but I don't know how to help further :smileysad: 

I will just iterate that I don't think you need the Property Transfer step.