Forum Discussion

esoysal
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Moving test cases between API definitions

I have imported more than one API definitions to ReadyAPI because they were all needed. Now one of them is not needed anymore and I want to remove it from the project. But some test cases are depending on that API definition.

1. How can I find in which test cases API_Definition_1 is used?
  2. How can I move those specific test cases from API_Definition_1 to API_Definition_2?  
  • esoysal ,

the test cases as such do not have a relation with the API definitions. You can have multiple test steps inside a test case which are consuming different APIs.

So, you need to go down to the test step level and modify the API relation there. For REST requests it's quite easy, see the picture bellow. 

If you click any test step, you can check the related API in its properties (see bellow).

Best regards,

Karel

2 Replies

KarelHusa
    Champion Level 3

esoysal ,

the test cases as such do not have a relation with the API definitions. You can have multiple test steps inside a test case which are consuming different APIs.

So, you need to go down to the test step level and modify the API relation there. For REST requests it's quite easy, see the picture bellow. 

If you click any test step, you can check the related API in its properties (see bellow).

Best regards,

Karel