Forum Discussion

fastbill
Contributor
12 years ago

Keystroke to save raw request

Hi --

For documentation purposes (I write software specs), I often need to save examples of TestStep requests and responses. The Response tab supports Ctrl+S (on Mac, Command+S). However, the Raw view of the request tab does not seem to have any way to save the request that was submitted. I need to save the Raw view of a request, because my XML request contains many references to Properties that would not be helpful in documentation.

I don't want to add Groovy scripts to my TestCases to do this, because I only need to save messages once in a while, not every time I submit a request.

To save the raw request, I copy the raw XML (from <soapenv:Envelope> through </soapenv:Envelope>, not including the lines at the top above the <soapenv:Envelope> element). I paste the clipboard into my favorite XML editor, and then save the file there.

Please add the keyboard shortcut for "Save" to the Raw view of the Request tab. For my purposes, I'd prefer that this Save command include only the raw XML, and omit the lines above <soapenv:Envelope>.

Thanks,
fastbill
No RepliesBe the first to reply