Forum Discussion

PaulCzosnowski
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

I have a test Suite running a loop 18 times. How do I capture and save all 18 responses?

I have a test suite with a data loop.  I am using Excel as the source with 18 rows.  I want to capture each of the 18 responses and save them.  I have tried using a data sink but have had very little luck.  How can I get this done?

Thank you

Paul Czosnowski

3 Replies

StevenColon
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for posting to our Community Forum.

Our DataSink TestStep is the best way to export the response information.

Can you provide more detail on how you configured the DataSink and how you set up your data-driven testing?

DataSink Documentation: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/soapui/steps/data-sink.html

Here is an example DataSink I created to write response information into a text file:

Here is how my data-driven testing is set up:

Have a great day!

PaulCzosnowski
      Occasional Contributor

I have the data sink setup to export to Excel.  I have identified 4 properties pointed at certain data points in the response.  I am using an excel spreadsheet with 18 rows as the data source.  The problem i am having, is the four properties are generated multiple times in each response and I would like to export all instances of the properties in each of the 18 responses.  The data sink is only exporting the data from the last of the 18 runs or is overwriting each response with the newest run.

StevenColon
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

PaulCzosnowski Make sure that the DataSink is set to "Append to existing file" so that it doesn't overwrite it with each new run.