Forum Discussion

terry_liu
3 years ago
Solved

How to set a max Number of rows with script?

How to set a max Number of rows with script?

• Hi,

The 'number of rows' dialog only shows a preview of the data so you can check you have the right columns defined.  It is not intended to define the number of rows for the test.

I typically use Excel for my data driven tests.  I use the first column to define whether or not to run the step or even stop prematurely.  E.g. first col contains either YES, NO or STOP.

You could apply something similar in your Groovy script, but without seeing the full script, as suggested by nmrao , then it's difficult to help further.

Chris

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Would you mind to show the full script in text format?
      ChrisAdams
      Champion Level 3

Hi,

The 'number of rows' dialog only shows a preview of the data so you can check you have the right columns defined.  It is not intended to define the number of rows for the test.

I typically use Excel for my data driven tests.  I use the first column to define whether or not to run the step or even stop prematurely.  E.g. first col contains either YES, NO or STOP.

You could apply something similar in your Groovy script, but without seeing the full script, as suggested by nmrao , then it's difficult to help further.

Chris