Forum Discussion

Bishal
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

How to execute a SQL query which includes temp table ( creates and inserts ) - JDBC Step

I have a JDBC test step with a SQL Query which  has a temp table on it. I am not able to execute this query. Every time i try to execute i get below XML response. Anyone has any idea? Thanks. 

<Results>
<UpdateCount>124</UpdateCount>
</Results>

• This is solved, i used

def a = context.expand( '${DataSource#a}' )
    def b = context.expand( '${DataSource#b}' )

sql.eachRow("""Declare @PortfolioOldCode varchar(3) = ${a},
    @EndDate Date = ${b},

insted of 

sql.eachRow("""Declare @PortfolioOldCode varchar(3) = context.expand( '${DataSource#a}' ),
    @EndDate Date = context.expand( '${DataSource#b}' )

or

sql.eachRow("""Declare @PortfolioOldCode varchar(3) = a,
    @EndDate Date = b

-- Thanks for helping in guys 

11 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

Based on what I know of JDBC test steps and queries, this would be the expected result of a SQL query that creates/inserts. What are you expecting to see in return? 

Bishal
      Contributor

So basically the query Declares some parameters, create temp table, inserts into that table from Stored proc . Then it does some data manipulation on that temp table and selects some columns to display. It should return the results with columns that are selected ( which it does in sql server ). But in JDBC step on SOAP UI it doesn't. Also, if i try to run any-other query which doesn't have create and insert statement in query it works fine. 

PaulMS
        Super Contributor

If you want to avoid using groovy script, is it possible to separate the SQL query into a few JDBC request test steps?

Step 1 create temp table, inserts etc

Step 2 selects some columns to display

Step 3 drop table if necessary