Forum Discussion

goddess
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

How do I change the location of the xml project files for SOAPUI projects?

I have project files all over the place and I'd like to consolidate them into one folder.

I can't find documentation on how to do that.

Can anyone help?

If there is documentation, just pointing me to it would be a big help.

Thank you

• Sorry, I am not sure what the problem is.

Unless you use relative paths, you can just copy the project file to where you need it and import the project from there.

If you do use relative paths, convert them to absolute paths, move the project and convert them back to relative paths, or just move the referenced folder with the project.

4 Replies

• Sorry, I am not sure what the problem is.

Unless you use relative paths, you can just copy the project file to where you need it and import the project from there.

If you do use relative paths, convert them to absolute paths, move the project and convert them back to relative paths, or just move the referenced folder with the project.

goddess
      New Contributor

Thank you, so it sounds like I simply need to move the project file to the location I want, and then re-import it.

I'll give that a try.

I was looking for a move function but this sounds like an easy work around.

mani1
        Occasional Contributor

Hi,

It is easy. You need to select the project from SOAPUI for which you want to change the location, right click and click on "Save Project  as" option, give the path where you want to save the project xml files.

Thanks

Mani

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    You mean, are you looking for workspace file which contains all project locations.

Otherwise, In the tool, select each project. In the left hand side below, you get the path of the respective project.