Forum Discussion

avidCoder
Super Contributor
6 years ago

How can we use OpenShift in Ready API?

There is a scenario where I need to login to particular server of Open Shift using code and fetch the logs (SOAP response) from there. Can we do it using Java or Groovy? Any code help will suffice.

11 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

Unfortunately I've never found an easy way to do this with groovy. If I understand correctly, you need a way to access/login to the OpenShift server and transfer files/logs from the server to your ReadyAPI client? Does that sound close to what you want to do?

avidCoder
      Super Contributor

Yes absolutely correct groovyguy . Is there any way we can do this? Else I need to opt for another approach.

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

avidCoder: Are the log files available through an HTTP / HTTPS / FTP webserver? If so, that may be doable with either an FTP test step, or a groovy script. If they are available through a network share, that might work too. 

If the files are not available through such an interface and if you do truly need to log into a server and manually download/copy the files, then I am not sure there's much that can be done even with groovy. Can you elaborate and provide the detailed steps you would need to mimic? How would you do this process manually?