Forum Discussion

bch
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Hello, How to organize tests with some tags. later run subset of tests specific to tag?

Hello Friends,

I would like to organize my tests in soapui/readyapi. I would like to tag them with some categories information.

I wanted to ask if someone has already done this. Main idea here is to run specific tests which belongs to specific category or tag.

Thanks

Bch

nmrao
    8 years ago

LauraKennedy, thank you for the link. Looks, never tried that. That is really good feature to filter out the test execution.

I was using the above way for a while and that is even useful for OS edition too.

So, the approach I explained may not be needed for Pro software.

Thank you again.

6 Replies

nmrao
      Champion Level 3

LauraKennedy, thank you for the link. Looks, never tried that. That is really good feature to filter out the test execution.

I was using the above way for a while and that is even useful for OS edition too.

So, the approach I explained may not be needed for Pro software.

Thank you again.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

bch,

Understand that you are looking for testng style of grouping the tests, right? Yes, It is possible with little scripting and organizing the tests better.

1. Simplest would be to organize the test cases in to right suites such as smoke, regression, light-regression or some application functionality wise etc.

2. Some times it is difficult to categorize into such suites because of maintenance or duplicating the same test into multiple suites, then it requires an alter native approach to avoid that.

- Here, to achieve this is to add a custom test case level property say TEST_CATEGORY or TEST_GROUP and provide value. It is possible to fall the same test case into multiple test groups / categories. So, use comma separated value for the property.

- Note that if you want to achieve this, each test should be independent.

Then write a script(preferably After Load Script) to handle which cases to enable the test cases that are required to be executed based on some input(disable the rest of the cases). So that only required set of cases will be executed irrespective of suite (the tests can be present in any suite).

•  Hello LauraKennedy nmrao

could we achieve same thing using maven? we are running soapui using maven.

how pass tags information to maven command line?

groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

This thread is almost half a year old. You may be better served by starting a new topic for your question and laying out your exact question/needs/specifics.