Forum Discussion

mchelikani
Contributor
11 years ago

GroovyScript - Compare Two XML's Ignoring TextAndAttribute

I am facing an issue comparing two xml's ignoring text and attribute values. (My requirement is just to compare the Skeleton)

Here is the Code I have. Please Help.

Code:

import groovy.io.FileType
import org.custommonkey.xmlunit.*

def diff = new Diff("<location><street-address>22 any street</street-address><postcode>XY00 99Z</postcode></location>",
"<location><street-address>20 east cheap</street-address><postcode>EC3M 1EB</postcode><country></country></location>")

DifferenceListener myDifferenceListener = new IgnoreTextAndAttributeValuesDifferenceListener()
diff.overrideDifferenceListener(myDifferenceListener)

if(!diff.identical()) {
log.info'Files are Different'

def detailedDef = new DetailedDiff(diff)
def defferences = detailedDef.getAllDifferences()
//Build Text Report
buildDiffs(defferences)
} else {
log.info 'Files are Identical'
}

def buildDiffs( differences){
differences.each { nodeDiff ->
log.info nodeDiff.toString() + '<br>'
}
}

Actual Output:

Mon Nov 11 18:43:30 EST 2013:INFO:Expected number of child nodes '2' but was '3' - comparing <location...> at /location[1] to <location...> at /location[1]<br>
Mon Nov 11 18:43:30 EST 2013:INFO:Expected text value '22 any street' but was '20 east cheap' - comparing <street-address ...>22 any street</street-address> at /location[1]/street-address[1]/text()[1] to <street-address ...>20 east cheap</street-address> at /location[1]/street-address[1]/text()[1]<br>
Mon Nov 11 18:43:30 EST 2013:INFO:Expected text value 'XY00 99Z' but was 'EC3M 1EB' - comparing <postcode ...>XY00 99Z</postcode> at /location[1]/postcode[1]/text()[1] to <postcode ...>EC3M 1EB</postcode> at /location[1]/postcode[1]/text()[1]<br>
Mon Nov 11 18:43:30 EST 2013:INFO:Expected presence of child node 'null' but was 'country' - comparing at null to <country...> at /location[1]/country[1]<br>

Expected Output:

Mon Nov 11 18:43:30 EST 2013:INFO:Expected number of child nodes '2' but was '3' - comparing <location...> at /location[1] to <location...> at /location[1]<br>
Mon Nov 11 18:43:30 EST 2013:INFO:Expected presence of child node 'null' but was 'country' - comparing at null to <country...> at /location[1]/country[1]<br>

3 Replies

gauravkhurana
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks a ton..

Thats the best way available on internet to compare 2 XMLs.

Olga_T
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi all,

Great script, mchelikani.

Community, can anyone help Madhu and modify this script so that it compares two xml's ignoring text and attribute values?

gauravkhurana
    Occasional Contributor

Best code i was able to find on internet to compare 2 XMLs.

Best thing is it will tell you where the difference is there in the 2 XMLs