Grid data source for version 2.8
I just upgrade to ReadyAPI 2.8. I noticed that I start having issue with the data loop feature. It is looping over a 1000 steps which I expect to have only 9 steps. I am wondering where are the extra steps are coming from. Anyone seen this problem since upgrade?
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. Create a grid data soure with GRID and the data loop.
2. My API method is to get some user IDs.
3. I entered 5 users ID in the GRID.
When run the test, it spin more than a thousands steps which is incorrect. It should be 3 steps for each test.
It can be possible in case your DataSource step is selected in the options of the DataSourceLoop under the "Target Step" label. Please, can you check what step is chosen in DataSource Loop configuration under the "Target Step" label?
I fixed it by followings:
1. Right mouse on the data source.
2. Select option.
3. Check the option restart on run.
4. Check the option skip to step after corresponding datasource loop step.
5. Uncheck the option run the iteration even there are not rows to complete it.
Great to hear you have found a solution!
And thank you for sharing it with the Community!
SmartBear Assistant Community Manager