Ask a Question

Functional test

Atish
New Contributor

Functional test

Hi Team,

I imported the test suite but unable to see functional test in same.

is there any settings for functional test?

how I can see functional test?

4 REPLIES 4
richie
Community Hero

Hey @Atish,

Can you clarify EXACTLY what you did so im sure i understand. You mention that you "imported the testsuite", but there isnt an "import" function available with testsuites. Did you mean the "clone" testsuite function? Sorry, im not being picky intentionally, i just need to understand exactly what you did before being able to advise on a fix.

If you provide exact details like " put focus on testsuite object, rightclicked and selected....." etc. that would be perfect!

Also what version of ReadyAPI are you using?

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Atish
New Contributor

I imported a project 

import project- slected XML 

nmrao
Champion Level 3

Screen shot or short recording might help.
Is it specific to a project or general?
What version of the tool are you using?
Is the project created in same version of the tool?
Does it only happen on your computer? Also happens to your colleagues if any?

Regards,
Rao.
richie
Community Hero

Hey @Atish

As Rao said screenshots would help, but in the meantime, youve imported a project .xml file, so once the project appears in your project navigator (left hand part of screen), the projects parent folder should contain 2 principle child objects.

1 child object is entitled 'APIs' and the other child object is entitled 'Functional Tests'.

If you click on the Functional Tests object, this will display any Testsuites in your project.

If your Functional Tests object does NOT contain any children (i.e. any testsuites), then this means the project was setup with just the APIs setup, but no ones created any tests yet (essentially the executable teststeps in a test are child records of the request objects setup in the APIs parent).

Just to be clear. The hierarchy is as follows:

Project
--APIs
--Functional Tests
----Testsuite
--------Testcase
-------------Teststep

A teststep can only exist in a testcase. A testcase can only exist in a testsuite.
An executable teststep in a test such as SOAP or REST are actually linked to the Request within the associated API. The Request in the API might look like a teststep, but it isnt. A teststep only exists within a testcase.

Cheers,

Rich
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: