Forum Discussion

Said
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Flexibility in environment setup

Hi All,

I have used this guide to setup multiple environments. This solution does not work for request that do not use the endpoints from the wsdl definition. E.g. I have some SOAP requests to put a xml message on a queue. I also have some SOAP requests to get messages from a queue or topic. They are not part of the wsdl (with soap requests).When changing environment, the endpoints of these "special" SOAP requests are also changed to what is specified in environment setup, but they need to be changed to a different endpoint.

Questions:

1. How can I update the endpoints for the "special" SOAP requests when changing my environment?
  2. Should I use a different approach for dynamic endpoints (given my requirements)? If so, please advice with following in mind... When changing environment I need to change: endpoints, database connection strings, queue/topic names (because they also have environment in the name).

Thanks in advance

• Hi,

Please see the attached screenshot. So, if you have two services, in the environment settings specify the endpoint only to one of them. Create requests which don't need to change the endpoint from a duplicated service. When you switch environments, the Endpoint won't be changed for them. Or, don't use environments at all.

7 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi MadSaid,

Do you use an open source version of SoapUI or ReadyAPI?

Said
      Contributor

I am using SoapUI Pro.

Nastya_Khovrina
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Unfortunately, there is no option to exclude some test steps/requests so the endpoint won't be changed for them when you switch an environment. 

I can recommend that you create a separate service (a duplicate) and don't add this service endpoint to the Environment settings.