Forum Discussion

daybon
New Contributor
3 years ago

Failed to initialize the connection that uses the [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver] driver on MAC

So for repeated question but I've been looking for answers for about 2 days now but i still cannot figure out how to fix the error

Failed to initialize the connection that uses the [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver] driver. Connection string: [jdbc:oracle:thin:select1/#####@dbsrvoracsce0:1521/ORACSCE0:ocd8scc2].

on MAC

Someone help

2 Replies

daybon
    New Contributor

Update: I fixed the previous issue

Now I am getting

Can't get the Connection for specified properties; java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor (CONNECTION_ID=Decqmb4OStCmgM+HcfGPNw==)

richie
      Community Hero
      Hey daybon,

Sounds like you need to alter the connection string parameters.

Im going off memory here, but i remember reading a couple of years ago about differences between the connection string when you are using SERVICE NAME rather than SID.

So! Obviously i dont know what setup you have and whether youre trying to connect using SERVICE NAME rather than SID, but Im guessing you have either the wrong parameters in your connection string (if connecting via SID) or the wrong connection string itself. Im typing this on my phone, but if i remember correctly, the default Oracle connection string in the JDBC config is for the SID option.

So if i were trying to fix this on my laptop, id confirm whether SID or SERVICE NAME and if SID, Id confirm the parm values with the DBAs and if using SERVICE NAME, id create a second Oracle connection string in the JDBC preferences matching the published layout for trying to connect using JDBC using SERVICE NAME.

Cheers,

Rich