Forum Discussion

eeenimisha
New Contributor
7 years ago

Event Listener for each row in Soap ui data driven testing

I have a scenario where I am reading data from a excel sheet like TestSuite1 ---> has Testcase1----> reads data from excel sheet. Here Each row in my excel sheet represents a new test case. We have given a separate testcase name column too( eg: Test1, Test2,.....Test10).

So, I would like to know if it is possible to get that test case name corresponding to each row using Custom event listeners in Soap UI? As of now I can only get the upper level testcase names using "TestRunListener.beforeRun" --> "testRunner.testCase.name" ---> gives me Testcase1 starting point but I need to use custom event listener in such a way that it can give me starting point of each row execution in excel sheet along with testcase names. Is it possible to do so?

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Can't you directly access the test case name column value from worksheet in your test steps directly, just liike other column data, right?
    eeenimisha
    New Contributor

Thanks for the info!!

It can be done that way but I have a requirement such that I need to just add a listener which can automatically tell me start and end of each row execution under each testcase along with the testcase names provided in excel sheet.