Forum Discussion

Sehuang
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Error while running ReadyAPI 2.4.0 Linux tarball package

Steps I have run:

1. my server is SUN solaris

2. transferred ReadyAPI-2.4.0-linux-bin.tar.gz to the server.

3. unzip the package 

4. checked that the java environment is jdk1.8

5. run ->     ./testrunner.sh <my soapui project.xml>

6. received error: Could not initialize class com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport  and also java.io.IOException: Problem reading font data.

questions:

1. does ReadyAPI-2.4.0-linux-bin.tar.gz support SUN solaris?

2. if yes, I suppose it is the package for headless machine so why do I need UISupport class? 

please find attached the log

10 Replies

jhanzeb1
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Apologies if I have misunderstood your question. 

Here is a list of OS supported by ReadyAPI:

• Windows 7 SP1 with convenience rollup update (KB3125574) or a later Windows operating system (32- or 64-bit).

• Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with convenience rollup update (KB3125574) or a later Windows Server operating system.

• OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or a later macOS operating system.

• OS X Server 10.7 (Lion) or a later macOS Server operating system.

• 64-bit Oracle Linux 6 or later.

• 64-bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or later.

• 64-bit Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2 or later.

• Ubuntu Linux 10.04 or later.

Although it does not mention Solaris explicitly, it is still a unix OS, so not 100% sure if it will work. 

UISupport class should not be there if the package is for a headless machine. Can you double-check if it's the correct package being installed?  

Some debugging questions: 

1. Is the file (testrunner.sh) you are trying to execute correct? 

2. did you make this file executable? i.e chmod +x ./file_name? 

Still not sure of your context. Could you explain more? i.e what is it you are trying to achieve? Is this task being achieved on a headless machine? What Solaris version is it? etc..  

Sehuang
      Occasional Contributor
      I try to run ready API 2.4.0 in headless machine (Solaris version to be confirmed). As there's no connection from the machine to internet, I downloaded the Linux tarball package manually, transfer to this machine and unzip it.
        jhanzeb1
        Frequent Contributor

Are you just trying to install ReadyAPI on a headless machine? if so, then you should be running this file?   ./ReadyAPI-x64-2.4.0.sh -c

Sehuang
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi jhanzeb1,
    Thanks for your reply. Below is the link I used to download. It's Linux tarball as per the website.
    http://dl.eviware.com/ready-api/2.4.0/ReadyAPI-2.4.0-linux-bin.tar.gz

Once I downloaded it, I ran gzip -d and tar to unzip the package. My server has jdk1.8 already so after unzip I ran ./testrunner.sh under Readyapi2.4.0/bin/ with my project XML. The testrunner.sh is executable. As you said, headless should not require Uisupport class. But when I run it, it complaint about unable to initiate the Uisupport class. So is there anything I need to do in the testrunner.sh file to disable initiation of the Uisupport class or anywhere else I need to change? Another error is problem finding the font.