Forum Discussion

Warseng
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Error handling Test Case Execution

Hi, I am new to this tools , and try to understand about how to do performance test in ReadyAPI

My question is, when the test case executed , and there is an error occur, the test stopped and never continue to the next row of Data Source

I have checked the option from  "Set Options for this Test Case" and uncheck "Abort Test if and error occurs"

Is there any setup i have miss ?

• Hey Warseng,

The "Abort on error" checkbox used to work (i.e. set to true will force test to halt when failure occurs, set to false will enable test to continue executing despite a failure).

What version are you running?

Cheers

Rich

7 Replies

• Hi Warseng 

it would be good to get some more information here.

are your tests failing when you run the functional test, or the performance test (or both)? 

If you disable the 'Submit Video' test step assertions, does the test case continue to run?

Warseng
      New Contributor

Hi MConneely 

I am failing when doing functional test,  if i disable Smart Assertions in Test Step there is nothing change for the result, Test execution  would stop when an error occur

But I tried to explore and found setting in Preferences - Default Test Case Options, and uncheck "Abort test if an Error", i thought it would be enough if i disable only from "Test Case Options" Menu and override  how to handle when error occur. And now it works perfectly

Many Thanks

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey Warseng,

The "Abort on error" checkbox used to work (i.e. set to true will force test to halt when failure occurs, set to false will enable test to continue executing despite a failure).

What version are you running?

Cheers

Rich