Forum Discussion

jm1
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Error Connection Oracle DB (SQLDeveloper 12.1.0.2.0) to ReadyAPI

Hello, 

I have been trying to connect to an Oracle DB for some time. I have tried quite a few different drivers adding them to my bin folder and always end up with a similar error for example: Failed to initialize the connection that uses the [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver] driver.

I am running version 12.1.0.2.0 on Oracle SQL Developer 
Connection works on Oracle side. 

Thanks for any help!

11 Replies

jm1
      Occasional Contributor

KarelHusa 
      Yes! I posted a screenshot of the bin folder. 

The current error I am getting is: Failed to initialize the connection that uses the [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver] driver. Connection string: [jdbc:oracle:thin:<username>/<password>@<hostname>:1521/<SID>].

I am however unsure if I have the specific Jar file in the Bin folder that I need for my specific version of Oracle SQL Developer though. Any insight would be appreciated!

jm1
      Occasional Contributor

Hello nmrao 

If I understand you correctly. 

I can and have been connecting to the DB through SQL Developer through SID and not service name. However, doing the same with ReadyAPI has not yet worked for me which is my current issue. I have read though your insightful link about SID vs Service name but still am unsure where to proceed.  

Thanks.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        If same connection string or connection details worked from SQL Developer
        of your machine, then i don't see why ReadyAPI failing to connect. Strange.