Forum Discussion

kaftw
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Environment Doesn't Exist When Checking Out Project from Git

I added an environment to my project, saved it, committed the change to my Git repo, and sync'd the changes with the remote.  On another machine, I check out the repo, and the environment doesn't show up.  Any idea why that would be?  Thanks.

• Ah, I see now that I have to use a slightly different command line than what I have been using for composite projects.  That might explain it.

9 Replies

kaftw
    Occasional Contributor

I created a new project and recreated the new environment.  It doesn't show up on my other machine when I pull the changes down from the repo either.  Are there some application- or user-level settings that need to be kept in source control as well?

kaftw
      Occasional Contributor

My project is a composite project, which is how I have it saved on my local machine.  I noticed that on the other machine that it isn't opened as a composite project.  Is this setting not saved with the project?  The new project showed the new environment I added once I changed it to being a composite project on the remote machine.

Radford
        Super Contributor

While I can't comment on the specifics of the missing Environment, I did want to point out (Note: I'm using version 1.7) that when you save a project as a composite project it creates the new composite project directory and all it's contents, but leaves the original project xml file in place. Thus you have to delete the old project file yourself, including from your source control.

If you converted your project to composite, edited and saved it, and then reopened the original non-composite version, this would not contain the edits. This is just a scenario that may of happened but would cause the symptoms you describe.