Forum Discussion

GDow
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Easily change ALL soap requests to use WS-A addressing?

Hi,

We have some web services that we are currently testing successfully using soapUI. The web services are .NET and currently use basicHttpsBinding.

However, we want to change our web services to using wsHttpBinding.

In one of our many soapUI tests, I have changed a single soap request Test Step to work against a web service using wsHttpBinding by doing the following at the soapUI end:

* check Enable WS-A addressing
* check Add default wsa:Action
* check Add default wsa:To

Rather than us having to do this in each Test Step for each soap request, is there a way to apply these changes at a more global level? Project level would be perfect, although Test Suite level would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance...

amorps

10 Replies

GDow
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Temil, thanks for your response.

I found the blog post that you mention, and I used that to get the fix for ONE soap request.

Maybe I should have phrased my question a bit differently.

What would be the best way to do the following to cover ALL soap requests, without going into every single soap request and changing them:

- check Enable WS-A addressing
      - check Add default wsa:Action
      - check Add default wsa:To

SmartBear's own HowTo page, http://www.soapui.org/SOAP-and-WSDL/usi ... ssing.html, says the following:

"All fields in the tab support property-expansion, allowing you to easily pull values from properties defined at a higher level in your project", but I can't see how to do that. Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks

amorps
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Try the following:

1. Create a set of custom property values on the project level by clicking on the project in the navigator and in the left bottom corner select the tab Custom properties
      2. Click the + sign to add the properties
      3. Add the following expression to the WS-A field you want to configure globally: ${#Project#property} where property is the name of the property you created in step 2.

Hope this helps!

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden
    GDow
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for that further feedback, Erik.

We already use Properties fairly widely in our tests, so I understand most of your post apart from this part:

3. Add the following expression to the WS-A field you want to configure globally: ${#Project#property} where property is the name of the property you created in step 2.

I can't see where I get to enter an expression referring to the Project property!

Could you please post a screenshot of how you'd do this?

Thanks

amorps
    GDow
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Erik,

Did you manage to get a look at my latest point regarding how to enter the expression?

Thanks

amorps
    GDow
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Can anyone at Pro Support give us any further feedback on this please?

Thanks

amorps
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

I apologize for the delay in response time. It seems that your original question was misunderstood - unfortunately, automatically updating all your requests to use wsHttpBinding isn't possible, and I'm sorry if we lead you on.

Regards,

Arian
    SmartBear Sweden
    GDow
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Arian,

This thread seems to be going round in circles. Please see my earlier post, where I said the following:

SmartBear's own HowTo page, http://www.soapui.org/SOAP-and-WSDL/usi ... ssing.html, says the following:

"All fields in the tab support property-expansion, allowing you to easily pull values from properties defined at a higher level in your project",

Is this post wrong?

Thanks

amorps
    GDow
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Arian,

It's been a few weeks now - did you manage to find a resolution to my point in the previous post?

Thanks

amorps
    SmartBear_Suppo
    I would like to answer your latest question:

I can't see where I get to enter an expression referring to the Project property!

Could you please post a screenshot of how you'd do this?

Please create a project-level custom property:

Then, basically anywhere in SoapUI, you can refer to the property as such: ${#Project#Someproperty} (SomeProperty being the ID of my property as shown in the screen-shot).

For example, in the WS-A tab for a request, I've added that property both to the "Action" and "To" fields:

I believe this will have answered all your questions. If not, please let me know.

Renato Athaydes
    SmartBear Sweden