Forum Discussion

sky
New Contributor
7 years ago

Definition of "Concurrent TPS" for LoadUI Pro

Hello

Could someone clarify the definition of "Concurrent TPS" for LoadUI Pro?

It seems that "Small" can generate 250 TPS. I think it means literally 250 requests per second.

How many threads (this could be also said as Virtual Users) can "Small" generate at maximum? It's also 250 threads?

I'd like to know it since I am planning to do the concurrent-based loadtesting (NOT focusing on TPS-based loadtesting).

Thanks

5 Replies

• TPS is not relevant for the license. The license limits the number of concurrent threads, and TPS may change depending on how long your test takes to execute and how long you wait to restart the thread.

JamesLunan
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello, 

I am interested in your question because it sounds like there is a gap in the measurement model if someone is working in Virtual Users instead of Transactions Per Second.

By "concurrent-based loadtesting" are you referring to number of virtual users? 

Are you trying to convert those into Transactions Per Second (TPS) and having trouble?

Are you able to run a shorter load test and determine how many VUs are equal to how many TPS and then scale up?

What kind of scale are you wanting to get to as far as virtual users?

sky
    New Contributor

Thank you for your replies.

I raised this question since (in general) you need more than 250 concurrent threads to achieve actual 250 TPS. It's because TPS is dependent on the performance of API.

The license table for "Small" says "Concurrent TPS," and it was not sure for me if it means actual TPS or concurrent threads (aka Virtual Users) that can be generated.

It seems "Concurrent TPS" means Virtual Users (Small can generate 250 VU at maximum), am I correct?

JamesLunan
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

That is correct, "Concurrent TPS" is referring to number of Virtual Users.