Forum Discussion

tonaortega
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Datasources - External Database MySQL as Datasource

Hello!

I have Ready!API installed in a server which I want it to connect to an external MySQL  database that I would use as datasource. So when I try to make a connection it fails even if the connection string is fine. I'm attaching a screenshot of the error but also I would like to confirm is datasource can be used only from local computer (where Ready!API is installed).

I tested a connection with SQLdeveloper from this server and it works.

I looked on documentation and I found the following: 

Databases

• Using a database as the data source requires that the appropriate database provider be installed on the LoadComplete computer. To learn more about database providers and the syntax of database connection strings, visit http://connectionstrings.com.

Please help me to confirm if this is why my connection is failing. I'll appreciate your help.

-Tona Ortega.

• Just to be sure, did you import the driver to the bin/ext folder? Ready! API does not come with all drivers necessary from the box, so you probably need to put it in.

You can find a bit more info in the documentation section on DDT.

4 Replies

• Just to be sure, did you import the driver to the bin/ext folder? Ready! API does not come with all drivers necessary from the box, so you probably need to put it in.

You can find a bit more info in the documentation section on DDT.

tonaortega
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you IgorG!

I was told it was ready for MySQL but I didn't double check the connector driver. I assumed it was there but it wasn't. 

Thank you :)

tonaortega
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Tanya!

I made a mistake by not checking the JDBC connector driver first. I was told the install was ready for MySQL but when I checked for MySQL connector it was missing. I copied the driver and everything worked as expected. Thank you very much for your reply.

Lesson learned!

Regards,

Tona O.