Forum Discussion

5 Replies

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

HI,

Would you like to share some more details as the above doesn't give a great deal to go on?  For example, your test suite and test case hierarchy.

Datasink steps are test level.  Do you have a datasink step per test or just in one test?

phasija28
    New Contributor

Hi Chris

The Hierarchy is as below-

DataSource1

DataSource2

Groovy Script - this has code to call test steps i.e. End Point Transfer, HTTP Req1, HTTPReq2, Property Transfer.

DataSink

DataSource Loop

The above hierarchy is maintained for around 40 test suites which together create a framework and when I am running it individually datasink is printing correctly but when executing at project level it is not able to print responses in Excel.

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi

OK, and I'm not being pedantic, but it's worth clarifying terminology.

The above is a single test case that uses a datasource to run for each of the 40 rows in the datasource.

A test suite is something that comprises of 1 or more test cases.

Or is it the case that you have 40 test cases, each with the same hierarchy described above?

phasija28
      New Contributor

Yes Chris, all the test cases have the same hierarchy. Also, observed that when execution is initiated from project then sometimes "java.io.FileNotFoundException: File Path (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) exception is also displayed.

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Daft, but obvious question.  Do the datasink steps all write to the same Excel file?