Forum Discussion

jjam
Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Copy and Paste Headers v3.42.0

I've been off work for 1.5 years. I am now working with this version of ReadyAPI. In the older version, I used you could select headers and then ctrl-c to copy them, go to another test step, and Import HTTP Headers from the clipboard button and they would paste into the new test step.

With this version, I cannot select the headers. I used to use ctrl and shift/mouseclick to select them. Now it seems you cannot select them.

Does anyone know how to copy headers so that I can paste them using the Import HTTP Headers from the clipboard button?

• jjam,

in the source step, select the headers and copy them by Ctrl-C.

In the target step, import the headers from clipboard:

The headers should be copied then.

If this, either the selection or the import do not work, raise a support ticket (then there's probably a bug).

9 Replies

JoostDG
    Frequent Contributor

Hi jjam

I faced the same issue, but noticed it's not consistent. When you restart your ReadyAPI it will work... but will stop working after a certain action (don't know what causes it to stop working).

jjam
    Contributor

Hey JoostDG 

Mine is not working at all even after restarting, I should mention my project is a Composite project. 

I found a semi-solution using the Import HTTP Headers from the file button. And created a txt file with the headers. 

KarelHusa
    Champion Level 3

jjam,

in the source step, select the headers and copy them by Ctrl-C.

In the target step, import the headers from clipboard:

The headers should be copied then.

If this, either the selection or the import do not work, raise a support ticket (then there's probably a bug).

jjam
      Contributor

KarelHusa
      Thank you for showing me that it did work at one point. What version are you using? That's exactly how it worked. It no not work that way now. And this is not solved because it does not work that way in the version of my subject. I found an old version on my machine 3.1.0 and it works like a charm.